GRAFENWOEHR, Germany — Construction continues on a traffic circle on B299, outside Gate 6, Tower Barracks, resulting in detours and modified gate hours.
Beginning Monday, May 20, Gate 6 will be closed and will not be accessible from either direction.
What does this mean:
1) Gate 1 on Alte Amberger Strasse (in-/outbound and pedestrian gate) and Gate 20, which leads to Netzaberg, will maintain normal operations.
2) Gate 3 across from McDonald’s will be open for inbound traffic until 9 p.m. and will remain open for outbound traffic 24/7.
3) Guest sign in/out has been moved from Gate 6 to building 258 at Gate 3.
Additional changes will be made:
4) Commercial traffic will be routed through Gate 3a (Railhead Gate) across from McDonald’s.
5) Gate 3a will be accessible to inbound POV traffic after 9 p.m.
6) Gate 4 (Tanzfleck Gate) will be accessible as a 24/7 gate to inbound and outbound traffic. It will also become a sign-in station for visitors.
Construction completion is scheduled for the third week in June.
USAG Bavaria’s Directorate of Public Works will continue to provide updates during the reconstruction effort.