Rose Barracks Law Center, Office of the Staff Judge Advocate
VILSECK, Germany — The 7th Army Training Command claims office at USAG Bavaria processes claims filed by active-duty service members and DOD civilians against the U.S. government.
Here’s what you need to know.
- If you notice any damaged or lost items at delivery, notify the transportation service provider (TSP) immediately by noting it on the Notification of Loss/Damage at Delivery form that will be presented to you for signature when your household goods are delivered.
- Confirm all items listed on your high value inventory have arrived and are undamaged while the TSP representatives are still at your home.
- Keep a running list of items you discover that are lost or damaged as you are unpacking, everything must be listed on your notification of loss and/or damage (NOLD).
- Notification must be made within 75 days from the date of delivery to the TSP on www.move.mil.
- If you have met the 75 day requirement, you then have 9 months from the date of delivery to file a claim with the TSP, also done on www.move.mil.
- Do not dispose of any items that are damaged until your claim is settled.
- Spouses can file claims with a valid power of attorney.
- If you need assistance filing your claim, please bring the following to the claims office:
- mil username and password
- All shipping documents (must include inventory)
- Copy of sponsor’s orders
- Power of attorney (if spouse is filing a claim)
- Vehicle Inspection Form (if claim is for vehicle shipped on orders)
The 7th Army Training Command legal services webpage at USAG Bavaria is www.7atc.army.mil/SJA.
If you have any questions, contact a claims office near you.
The claims office in Grafenwoehr is DSN 569-0529/0531, CIV 09641-70-569-0529/0531.
In Vilseck, dial DSN 599-7714/7715, CIV 09662-70-599-7714/7715.
In Hohenfels dial DSN 522-2817, CIV 09472-708-2817.
Those stationed in Garmisch should contact the Grafenwoehr office.