Editor’s Note: Currently, the official translation is being worked by the Bavaria Legal Office. Once it is available, it will be posted to the 7th Army Training Command COVID-19 Portal: https://www.7atc.army.mil/COVID-19/
Federal Government of Germany
Federal Cabinet of Germany (Bundesregierung) Press Release
BERLIN — The following decisions were made by the Minister Presidents of the 16 federal states and Germany’s federal government to combat the Corona pandemic. These restrictions go into effect on Tuesday, Dec. 28:
- Implementation of maximum people gathering is limited to 10 people (plus children up to 14 years old) for vaccinated and recovered people. This rule applies to private meetings, indoor and outdoor.
- If an unvaccinated person takes part in a meeting, the contact restrictions for unvaccinated persons apply to the meeting as a whole; thus, persons of one’s own household and a maximum of two persons of another household may take part.
- Clubs and discos must close after Christmas. Supraregional sports, cultural and comparable major events — especially soccer matches — will take place without spectators starting Dec. 28.
- The federal and state governments want to keep the vaccination campaign running over the holidays, and vaccination centers should remain open between the years. The goal by the end of January is to inject another 30 million vaccinations in Germany.
- The states are pressing the German Federal Parliament to ramp up the preparations for mandatory vaccinations.
- The federal and state governments plan to meet again on Jan. 7, 2022.
- Some states in Germany plan to implement more restrictions.